After my wonderful makeover during #NYFW last week, I decided to challenge myself to a 30 day makeup challenge. My task was to try to wear some type of makeup EVERYDAY for 30 days! Now this is a big feat for me because I don’t wear makeup. Like never! So…. Here are images of me from day 1-5.
I’m supposed to be on day 7 by now but ummmm I don’t have enough stuff! Waiting for a delivery from Avon that will hopefully come this weekend. I know that some of you are following my journey on social media (if you aren’t you should be! Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @mrsdeveter). I thought it would be helpful to share some of the things I’ve learned so far.
- Makeup is EXPENSIVE. If you don’t have the expendable funds do not, I repeat do not go up in Lord & Taylor thinking you can buy anything under $50. Not that I did that…. but I’m just saying (wink wink)
- There are a million steps. You can’t just put on lipstick and eye shadow and call it a day. There is moisturizer, primer, foundation, eye concealer and honey the list goes ON!
- Eyes require a lot. So not only do you have to put on moisturizer and primer (no idea which goes first), foundation and the rest of the face stuff. When you get to the eyes you gotta use eye concealer, then shadow (above the crease in the crease (huh?) ). eye liner (liquid or pencil), eye brow pencil or powder (I learned that I’m brown, my hair is brown so I shouldn’t use a black eye brow pencil. It really doesn’t look nice) and BLENDING. That is a big one blending is very important. And just cause you have six colors on the pallet for eye shadow, you don’t need to use ALL of them.
- Brushes. There is a brush for EVERYTHING. Of course I don’t know the difference between a blush brush and a contour/bronzer brush but I just found this cool guide to help me out.
- It’s fun. Wearing makeup, although costly and time consuming is a lot of FUN! I’m certainly enjoying the attention I’m getting (222 likes on Facebook ain’t bad). Although it makes me wonder if I looked a hot mess before putting on a little lipstick and such???
Please feel free to share any of your makeup insights in the comments section. I’m open to learning. Just as long as I don’t end up looking like a clown I’m all for it.
Until next time…