The Foundation invests in programs that improve the lives of children in foster care by helping them find adoptive homes. We also fund programs that help young people leaving the foster system find housing and become self-sufficient, successful adults.More about Freddie Mac Foundation
Special programs include:
· The Freddie Mac Foundation’s Wednesday’s Child, a televised adoption program in five cities that’s found permanent homes for more than 1300 children in foster care.
· The Freddie Mac Foundation Heart Gallery, featuring compelling photos of children in foster care in need of adoption. The exhibit can be viewed online and throughout the community.
· The Freddie Mac Foundation Adoption Expo, an annual event that provides a wealth of information on adoption for our community.
· National Adoption Day , which raises awareness of the thousands of foster children in need of permanent homes. As a founding sponsor, we’re proud to continue this annual tradition. Over the years, more than 20,000 foster care adoptions have been finalized on National Adoption Day.
The Foundation also supports the foster care and adoption work of D.C.-area nonprofits, including:
· Court Appointed Special Advocate programs across the metropolitan Washington, D.C., region, which recruit and train community volunteers to serve as advocates for foster children.
· The Children’s Law Center of Washington, D.C., which recruits hundreds of pro bono lawyers to provide free legal services to foster, adoptive and kin families to help them provide permanency for children in their care.
Until next time…